Radical Inquisitor #1
by Casey Shelangoski · Published · Updated
Something were all guilty of as hobbyists is setting lofty hobby goals, and failing to achieve them. Whether the goals themselves are too lofty, lack of motivation, or lack of time, I often find myself falling short of what I want to achieve. I often find myself unable to focus on a project and at this time have 4 half finished things going on in my work space. My goal for the new year is to stay more focused with my hobby. I also was looking for a way to engage with a larger hobby community than my local groups.
I had the idea to start a regular article to help me stay accountable and focus on my hobby goals. I also thought it would be neat to let readers ask questions directly, and influence what I write about on a regular basis, thus the Radical Inquisitor was born.
I have been an active war gamer for just over a decade. I have been involved in the hobby aspect for almost 15 years. I play primarily Warhammer 40k. I am also an active Star Wars Armada and X wing player, as well as a Talon for Hawk Wargames Dropfleet and Dropzone Commander. Although those are the games I spend most of my time on, and 40k will be the most common game featured in The Inquisitor, I have played, and own armies for many more games, and am always interested in checking out new games.
I have several articles I want to write for this article, but I dont have limitless ideas. If there is something you as a reader want me to cover, shoot me an email, and Ill do my best to cover that subject.My email is firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a comment on the article. If you have any questions on the games I play or even if its something way off the wall, dont hesitate to get in touch. I love talking hobby.
The big project I want to get done this year is to assemble and paint my Tyranid army. The current models I own are unassemble and unpainted. I have been hoarding (yes hoarding) Tyranid models since early 7th edition. A quick rundown of the models I want to get finished are as follows:
- 100 Hormagants
- 100 Termagants
- 5 Carnifex
- 3 Hive tryrants
- 15 Warriors
- 2 Harpy/Hive Crone
- 1 Tervigon
- 1 Tyranafex
- 3 Venomthropes
- 3 Zoanthropes
- 1 Malenthrope
- 1 Dimachaeron
- 1 Heirophant
Like I said, its a hoard of new plastic. Ive tried to start the army a couple times, but I bought so much, its intimidating and I dont know where to start. This year is different, Im going to knock it out. Im not expecting to get it 100% finished this year, but I want to make serious progress. The heirophant is a huge undertaking on its own, and I know I wont be able to hold off buying new Tyranids all year because I seem to have a problem ( just as the wife).
To avoid getting horribly an awfully burned out, theres a little side project I also want to work on. Word comes through the astropaths of an especially brutal chapter of His holy Adeptus Astartes returning from crusading in the outer void. Theyll be a good change of pace from my 2nd company Salamanders ive been working on since 5th edition.
As well as the hobby progress, Im in the planning stages on how to begin the hobby. I want to cover the basics and pass on some of the tricks Ive learned over the years. Also in the works is an article going over my current toolbox and work space. This weekenda Corellian Conflict Armada campaign kicks off that I will be reporting on as it progresses. Finally sometime soon my local store will be starting a starting Dropfleet/Dropzone Commander escalation campaign I plan on writing on thoroughly.
So my big question for the reader is this: What hive fleet should my Tyranids be? I am currently stuck between Leviathan, Behemoth, and the (new codex) Kronos. Write me an email or leave me a comment what you think. My email is email@example.com. Like I said before, any feedback, questions, or article ideas shoot my way, Ill be happy to talk about almost anything!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Recent MWWG podcast episodes
- Jim's Wargames Workbench : What a Tanker! Wheels and Tracks
- Byteknight's Tabletop, vol. 2 : Painting some human fantasy skirmish types
- Through Gamer Goggles : Origins 2018 Event Coverage 19: Starling Games Archmage
- Through Gamer Goggles : Origins Event Coverage 18: Jimmy from Mythica Games
- Through Gamer Goggles : Origins 2018 Event Coverage 17: Ross Thompson From IDW
- DwarfCrypt : [EN/PL] Troll Slayer! / Zabójca Trolli! (Alien Lab Creator Dwarf Kingdom Square Base 50mm)
- Guerrilla Miniature Games : Battle Report – Warhammer: Age of Sigmar – Nighthaunts vs. Idoneth Deepkin
- Bob's Miniature Wargaming Blog : Strange Aeons, Look Sarge, No Charts, and The Great War
- Guerrilla Miniature Games : On the Paint Table – AoS Nighthaunts, Infinity JSA and more!
- Send The Eighth! Wargaming Blog : Gallery: Reaper Miniatures ~ Klaus Copperthumb 77479 ~ Painted By Chris
Creative Twilight: Creative Twilight
- Next story Explosive Brew, getting the most “VanValue” out of your list
- Previous story An Economic Guide to Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah