The lost Gavin Kyle File: Deliverers
by midwestwargaming · Published · Updated
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little confused when I received this assignment. True, the Protectorate of Menoth is an elusive bunch of zealots but that secrecy only exists within the upper echelons. Down at the bottom of the totem pole your average Menite soldier is about as mysterious as a broom. And while I appreciate the easy paycheck as much as the next guy, I can’t help but be a little disappointed in how you are valuing my services. Nonetheless, I will infiltrate Sul and follow up with our mutual contact to learn more about the Deliverers.
Yeah, I used to be a Deliverer, big whoop, want to fight about it? Hah, I’m just messing with you man. But seriously, I definitely used to shoot skyhammers for the military and it was awesome. I don’t know what it is about fire and explosions but ever since I saw some heathens get cleansed as a kid I’ve been obsessed with pyrotechnics. Back then I started small by tieing firecrackers to fat locusts and horny toads but eventually moved on to making my own bombs by packing more powder into bigger casings. I blew up all sorts of things: rats, cats, melons, scorpions, snakes, horse crap—you name it. So, when I finally turned sixteen and was old enough to enlist I knew that I needed to join whatever branch would let me continue blowing crap up for a living. My two options were either to join the Deliverers and bomb heathens from a safe distance or to join the Zealots and bomb heathens from ten feet away. I tell you what, even though I was never really good at school and book learning, that was the easiest test I ever took. Who in their right mind would volunteer to be a Zealot? Don’t get me wrong, Frankie loves Menoth as much as the next guy, but, Frankie ain’t no fool.
Anyways, that’s how I became a Deliverer. And things were good for a while. We shot lots of rockets off at Khadorans and Cygnarans alike but as time progressed the warcasters saw less and less need to bring us. Long story short I quit, well, sort of…technically I’m considered AWOL but they can go choke on their prayers for all I care. I got duped man. Hierarch Severius was supposed to make Menoth Great Again! He was going to build a wall across the border and make Caspia pay for it. He was supposed to deport all those illegal Idrians that keep taking our jobs. He was supposed to restructure the military and make us stronger. Instead he and the government came after our guns!
Unfortunately, I could not obtain anymore specifics about the changes to Deliverers from our contact. Shortly after his rant a group of Exemplar Errants came and escorted him away to what I can only assume will be a wrack with his name on it. So instead I poked around until I “acquired” an order correspondence from a careless quartermaster. I will be including the document with this letter.
So the deserter was correct; something had changed. At this point in my investigation I had intended to either acquire the schematics or acquire the weapon and send it back to your boys in Military Intelligence. It turns out neither is necessary. To understand my meaning, see the attached photograph below:
These weapons pose no threat to Cygnar. I will expect payment upon my return.
Tags: fan fiction
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Recent MWWG podcast episodes
- The Pitch, Ep.10 February 14, 2018
- The Pitch, Ep.9 January 16, 2018
- Lecture Notes from the Breach, Ep.25: Errata Right at Ya January 13, 2018
- The Pitch, Ep.8 January 2, 2018
- The Pitch, Ep.7 December 19, 2017
- The Old West Chronicle : Hordes: Minions Barnabas, Lord of Blood (Warlock)
- Sean's Wargames Corner : Paint Table Saturday 224 – Progress on Bretonnians and Wizards
- Jim's Wargames Workbench : French Indochina 15mm Squad Level Skirmish
- Confessions of a 40k addict : I’m going to be on Warhammer tv
- The Anarchy of Anton! : Robin 2018
- Bob's Miniature Wargaming Blog : More Fate of Nations
- Guerrilla Miniature Games : On the Paint Table – Shadespire Fyreslayers & Skaven, Warzone Bauhaus and Malifaux
- Anatoli's Game Room : Saber & Blood Poles and Cossacks painted up
- Società di archeologia e cimeli : TSA Clubevening 16th of february 2018
- Jim's Wargames Workbench : Climbing the Lead Mountain