Games Workshop Announces New Edition of Warhammer 40k
by Alpharion ·
Games Workshop’s big announcement was indeed just that. A brand new edition of Warhammer 40k is on the horizon. While there has been some information about the new edition of 40k, this marks the first time Games Workshop formally acknowledges the new edition. So what is all the fuss about?
This brand new edition seems to be shaking things up quite a bit. There does seem to be several parallels with Age of Sigmar. Where Age of Sigmar has Grand Alliances, Warhammer 40k appears have something similar. The main groups being Chaos, Imperium, and Xenos. I doubt we will see something similar to the “cooperation” between the factions like there is in Age of Sigmar. Could you imagine Tyranids not trying to eat everything in front of them? At this time I still see some sort of allies matrix being present.
One of the biggest surprises about this release is that Games Workshop already has an FAQ for the new edition. Seriously, check it out. The thing that sticks out the most to me is that the Codex will be a thing of the past. For those of us who play Age of Sigmar this doesn’t come as much of a surprise. Personally I hope for a Warhammer 40k app that is similar to the Age of Sigmar app. The similarities do not end there. There are now three ways to play that mimic those listed in the Generals Handbook for Age of Sigmar.
While there is no confirmed release date at this time the leading theory is a summer release for this new edition. There is plenty of information to digest on their new website, so I highly suggest you head on over to take a peak. Things are about to drastically change for Warhammer 40k, and I for one am very excited!
Hey all, Alpharion here. I picked up wargaming back in veterinary school as a way to relax and forget the stresses that comes with being a veterinary student. Since then I've enjoyed sharing my enthusiasm for this hobby with anyone who cares to listen. I look forward to sharing any, and everything, GW with you all!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Recent MWWG podcast episodes
- World of Walton's Crafts : A Sensitive Bit of Horseflesh!
- Società di archeologia e cimeli : 3000 Posts!
- WRECK MARKER : DESCENDING INTO THE DARK
- Centerpiece Miniatures : Warhammer 40k Scenery – Arvus Lighters
- Through Gamer Goggles : Origins 2018 Event Coverage 25: Steve Jackson and Phil Reed OGRE and Fantasy Trip
- Must Contain Minis : Why Didn’t They Do That from the Start? Cigar Box Battle Mats
- Through Gamer Goggles : Origins 2018 Event Coverage 24: Fireside Games
- Midwest Wargaming : Fear the (TIE) Reaper
- Through Gamer Goggles : Origins 2018 Event Coverage 23: Raccoon Tycoon From Mr. B. Games
- Brazos Evil Empire : Fight The High Ground!
Creative Twilight: Creative Twilight
- Next story When the Sky Falls Down: AD Troop Guide
- Previous story Guildball from a Warmachine Perspective