Countercharge ep6: Baldur2
by Hoppydapunk ·
Baldur Stonecleaver, the Stonesoul
Battle Report: Baldur2 vs Ragnor
Blake’s Baldur2 with Wolves.
Ragnor Skyplitter (Jay Larsen’s list)
Turn 1 Deployment. I’ve placed the Purebloods behind the forest since they can warp Ghostly to get through it unhindered. Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Barnabus & a Wrastler) are centered to give a better spread to Starcrossed.
Typical turn 1. We both moved our stuff forward and began to position to strike.
I put out 2 Roots of the Earth and a Rock Wall, leaving Baldur on 0 camp. Sentry Stones block LOS and Mannikens try to tie up his beasts and get some sprays off. Wrong Eye spends all his fury to Submerge and put up Starcrossed. Snapjaw riles for 4. Ghetorix stays on the edge of the hill with Roots and Spiny Growth.
I missed taking a shot at the end of his turn. This is the end of my turn. He primarily engaged things with the Bouncers. Killed a lot of his own Fire Eaters rolling hot, but still managed to tag Wrong Eye with a spiked spray that took him out, leaving me down 17 points basically for free. He had feated, so I really didn’t want to over commit to try and kill things on his turn. I have the Purebloods try to beat into the Bouncer before I throw him into the rubble. Laynyssa lands a Hunter’s Mark on the other bouncer, giving Ghetorix a free charge. Ghetorix charges the Bouncer, does very little damage, and puts Spiny Growth up. Baldur feats and places a Rock Wall in front of the Feral and Ghetorix. Sentry Stones moved to get in the way of Mulg (currently being proxied by the token) and the Mauler.
He is able to remove the Sentry Stones easily on my feat turn, but it does take an activation from his heavies to do so. It’s also really great that duration of the forest they create is for one round versus being removed with them, so they really prevent him from doing much here. Baldur places Roots of the Earth on himself and Primals a Pureblood as well as the Feral. I forgot that I was able to remove Mulg here in addition to putting some damage into the Mauler. This other Pureblood was supposed to throw that Bouncer, but he had puts its animus up making that impossible. Ghetorix puts some hits into the Bouncer and moves so that I can remove the Mauler with him hopefully on the following turn.
The Mauler removes the Pureblood easily and puts some pretty heavy damage into the Feral. I think this was a big mistake on my opponent’s part and it’s mostly due to his lack of familiarity with Circle. I think removing the Feral here would’ve really hindered me since I will lose Primal once he’s gone. I think he put Rage and Pulverizer onto the Bouncer to try and beat on the surviving Pureblood, but doesn’t deal enough to finish the job. The Pureblood throws the Bouncer yet again, allowing me to start scoring. I use Ghetorix to remove the Axer. The Feral frenzies due to Primal and puts some damage into the Mauler.
My opponent had run really hot the previous turn and unfortunately loses his Mauler’s activation to a failed threshold check. This pretty much seals the game for him as that’s his only real heavy hitter left. He does some damage to the Feral, but not enough to kill him. His Bouncer in the rubble runs to get as far as he can, but it isn’t close enough to contest the flag so I score another point on his turn.
Ragnar ends far too close to my Feral. Baldur activates puts Primal on the Feral and Ghetorix and he heals the Feral, so that all his aspects are good. The Pureblood moves up and boosts a headbutt into the Mauler, so that the Feral can simply walk away. It takes every hit the Feral has, but it puts an end to Ragnar.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Recent MWWG podcast episodes
- Monsters and Mechanics Episode 2 Tournament Talk July 17, 2018
- House Shyeel Podcasters Season 3 Episode 1: New Beginnings and Retribution CID July 17, 2018
- The Pitch, Ep.17 July 12, 2018
- The Pitch, Ep.16 July 5, 2018
- Monsters & Mechaniks Ep. 1, Cyrenia and Thyron July 3, 2018
- Creative Twilight : Steelheart’s Champions Shadespire Warband Painting Complete
- Byteknight's Tabletop, vol. 2 : Some Naked Amish Rake fighting playing Fallen Land..
- Inso's World : Indicators on…
- Lair of the Uber Geek : Best Single Image of my Historicon 2018 Games and Plans for 2019
- wargames and walking : Lancashire Infantry Museum -Fulwood Barracks
- wargames and walking : Graves of the Rorkes Drift Defenders -George Ammunition Smith
- wargames and walking : Graves of the Rorkes Drift defenders -Sergeant Frederick Milne
- Stahly's Tale of Painters : Showcase: Astra Militarum Special Weapons Teams by Alejo
- Società di archeologia e cimeli : Haul Report 143: Digging up Old Stuff Special
- Brushes and Bases : Back to the Brushes 178
Creative Twilight: Creative Twilight
- Next story Warmachine battle reportHaley3 vs Tristan2
- Previous story Making TR Bots (and other ARO pieces) Go Boom